20 July 2012

Bicycles in Zurich

We spent two half days in Zurich and enjoyed being tourists,
the trams and trains are great and together with walking will take you almost anywhere.

But for those that enjoy what most "Zuerchers" enjoy you can hire a bicycle for the day.
Well its more like borrow, you need a 20CHFr deposit a Id and off you go.
 

this is what we got easy to ride, and a basket for all your shopping.

So we took our bicycles and went to look at bicycle shops and other interesting things.
But this is about the bicycle shops, two in particular.
The first one StihlRad and yes there is photos of a runway show on the website ;)


As you can see its a bit more clean and modern, with clothing that looks like street wear for sale. 
Although it is aimed at the stylish man, the only cool thing for ladies are the helmets and nice bicycles.
 

I could have taken a few things home from here
 

This is one of them, I would have this one if I lived here. (a few more years and it might be so)

Then we went to the Larger Velo Zuri, where you can get new bicycles but also secondhand ones.
They seem to fix them and have lots of different ones for all sorts of tastes.

 

As you can see the secondhand show room is large
 

They have cute old city bicycles, like this Bianci
 

A large amount of Tandems


racing ones, cruisy ones and flatbars
 

this is the wall of tandems
 

A half recumbent and half upright one


A hard plastic bicycle


 Many different folder bicycles, this is the wall of Bromptons


One Titanium flat bar :D
 

This one that I would be too scared to ride :S
 

Some very hip ones
 

A wall of old steel racers
 

And the best one out of them all


Its so small I could have taken it into my luggage
 

This is their front door and if you can go past and have a look its worth looking around.

I know I need to get more bicycles because one is not enough if you don't own a car.
So hopefully I can find some nice ones back in Oz otherwise I will have move here sooner than expected.

Lady A
;)

2 comments:

jet said...

you can have one of those minibikes, I have a kids bike in the store room ;)

lady A said...

I think it might be a good idea to get my lady bicycle finished maybe sell it and then get more projects like that, have fun with them and sell them later too.