24 March 2012

making pattern magic clothing

As I said I am going to start making stuff for myself,
I have a few simple commercial patterns that I can just whip up.

But then I decided I should draft some stuff too,
and since I have always wanted to use my Pattern Magic books I figure it is the perfect thing.

The books are probably well known Tomoko Nakamichi's Pattern Magic



I will start with something reasonably simple, the bamboo shoot bodice and try and make a dress out of it.




Hopefully this will be how it will end up looking, but only time will tell. ;)


I am going to go through some of my fabric boxes for this one, if it works out okay I may consider a play-suit with s similar design.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

A lovely dress design.
Just a random thing, when hopping to the next blog in my feed I got a warning saying that your blog may contain content only suitable for a mature audience... Dont know why but I thought Id pass the information on. x

lady A said...

yeah, its because I sometimes show burlesque costumes on this blog. And I don't want people to get offended, its a automatic warning they add. It should really say be warned could have some nudity in this blog ;)

lin3arossa said...

Go ahead! Take this as a pretext:http://www.sew2pro.com/pattern-magic-challenge/