5 January 2012

Bicycle dreams

I have been looking at the Dutch style bicycles for a while,
They are comfortable to ride, have a skirt guard most of the time and space to carry shopping or my stuff.
I have looked around but there isn't much around under $1000, and I can be picky when it comes to what style I like.


Like this beauty here is a little more than $2000 a , what really interests me is the internal gears.
I know nothing about them, how they work, how you maintain them and if they are any good.
 


Then there is these guys, cheaper versions build it yourself and choose the colours.
But will 3 gears be enough?



This is another brand, mojo bikes also 3 speed. 
My question is has anyone got one of these bicycles? Or do you know some with one.
I have my white one but there is so much I can't do with it I would just like to own one that works.

Anyways any hints tips please let me know. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the papillionaire bike. I love it....really really love it. Got it sent across from Melbourne, postage was decent and you can have a moblie mechanic in Perth to build it (he came to my work!). I got most of the extras (mud guard, basket, rear carrier, leather saddle and leather gribes)and it came up to about $800 with postage. Im a leasure rider and i find 3 gears is enough for me. Only thing is the basket isnt as stronge as i would like, but for $25 what can you expect, im replacing it with a basil brand basket, which should do me well.
Anyways im over the moon about Papillionaire bikes, so many lovely colours and stronge well build bikes. Do check them out!
Hope that helps
:)

lady A said...

Thank you I will have a look :)