23 December 2011
These are some little baby shoes I made for my boyfriends Niece. As you can see she is a baby and he didn't know what to get her for Christmas.
So I decided to step in and look on a tutorial or pattern online for something simple. Or so I thought, they are simple enough just very fiddly and tiny.
If you would like to make the same ones have a look on this link;
Very simple and a great scrap fabric user ;)
Have a great Christmas and new year until 2012!!!
15 December 2011
So I have made progress, and I have only got a few days to finish this one.
the antlers have been covered
the top part of the wings ave been made
Some of the feathers have been added, hemming will be done tomorrow and then the rest can be done.
Hand here is her wing span, so glad it says up ;)
I hope to show some completed one soon too.
9 December 2011
I am just showing you what I am up to with the Shakespeare Ariel costume
I have started with the leather on the bodice.
I have had to glue the leather bits on the bra, let hope it sticks :)
And there will be more :)
Remember if you would like to come see it here is the address for tickets
And if you like the design have a look at Ingrid Proos
6 December 2011
I am making the costume For Ariel in the Tempest.
Here is the amazing design
I have been wiring the wings
Then the bias cut skirt will be getting its layers
And this is where I am up to now
If you would like to come and see the show, its at kings park (perth Western Australia) and here is how you can get tickets http://shakespearewa.com/tickets/
I will try and show you more as I get along and hopefully those that can't come get to see what happens too.
25 November 2011
14 November 2011
I am now working on many things since uni has finished, but this is a dress for next years urban fashion.
The dress design I wont put up yet, I haven't found out yet if I got in.
The dress will be made with lots of bottle tops, tulle and a satin.
Here are some samples
I think the bottom one is the better looking arrangement.
Now its off to the fabric shop to look for the fabrics.
I will show more as soon as I can. :)
19 October 2011
Just a few photos of what I did on the dress today,
I put the skirt together and cartridge pleated the back so it fits onto the bodice.
the train turned out to be nice and long, this hopefully will help with the performance.
Its all about getting time to practice with the garment
there will also be more gold added, I am still looking at where I can place all this trim. The waist does make sense, it would accentuate all the best female features ;)
the stomacher will look something like this, with more decorations to be added once sewn on.
It is starting to look like a garment, and that is the exciting part. Now a few more long days and it will be display ready.
More photos to come :)
17 October 2011
I went Fabirc shopping on the weekend and found out that there isn't much in this town to choose from :(
So I decided to use a simple fabric and decorate it elaborately instead.
(I wonder why I do it ?)
Here are some of the beginnings of this garment.
The sleeves is something I started to put together
the trim really makes the red look richer
I need a bent arm to do this properly, silly manikin ;)
this is what you can see, the under sleeve, its not finished yet either.
And here is the front panel of the under skirt being draped.
I am working on this garment this week and next week, there will be lots more photos to come in the next two weeks. :D
9 October 2011
8 October 2011
One of the final project at uni is doing a period tailored Men's coat or jacket.
I have enjoyed the look of the frock coat from around 1880 for some time now and finally get to make one for my boyfriend. (lucky him)
This is the basic design, I must say I have cheated a little in the way of trying to make it loo a bit more modern. Mainly because men these days don't like looking too different and this man has those views too ;)
The image isn't that great but that is all I have at this point, hopefully I will get to make him a top hat too at some point :)
Then I had the first fitting with a calico Toille, by the way the pattern came from the R.I. Davis book of period mens wear.
It looks a bit silly really in calico
But when its your very first its always good to try on cheap fabric before you do the real thing.
Then alterations were done and I cut it in the wool.
My lovely boyfriend lost a bit of weight in between, so I had to do more alterations after this fitting. But that is life.
The things you notice when tailoring something to a person is how they stand and how they are angled.
and so much time can be spent making and studying this field I am not sure you could ever get bored.
I hope mine turns out okay I am in the finishing stages soon.
And will put more photo's up when it is done.
1 October 2011
26 September 2011
20 September 2011
The Next Burlesque Costume will be inspired by a TV series, Movie and a Lady from History.
These pictures are the start of the undergarments.
I still have to put the waistband on and give this beauty a press.
And this is the corset with slight 21st century finish for ease of removal on stage. ;)
There will be more....
And hopefully you can guess who this is inspired by :)