23 June 2010

Rococo undergarments


Okay I received the undergarments back from being assessed and here they are on one of our dummies. (please note the corset doesn't look too good on a dummy because it changes a persons shape drastically when worn and dummies don't squish)

from the front

a close up on the flossing

from the side

now with the panniers and petticoat, the panniers have 18 meters of string steel in them and the petticoat needed only 12meters on fabric.

here it is from the side

and here is the close up on the pin tucks I had to do because I am a bit of a shorty :)

Thank you for looking I hope to put up my design for my dress soon :)

5 comments:

Pavlina said...

Those are beautiful. I never thought about adding flossing to these earlier stays, I know I would see them on Victorian era corsets, but I never noticed them on the earlier stays. It looks good!

Camelia Crinoline said...

Wow they're amazing. The panniers are a feat of engineering.

Jenelle Witty said...

Oh wow, it all turned out so beautiful! Great work, the flossing is super sweet too. We need to see it on you! : )

goosefairy said...

This is stunning. This is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous work and the attention to detail is amazing.

Adult Diaper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.