19 May 2010

Rococo Costume corset fitting


Today I had my final corest fitting for the rococo costume I am making. It went well, everything fitted I just need to fix some of the boning channels to make sure the bones don't have a chance to escape.

I have also finished the panniers and fitted the petticoat to suit these panniers. There is still lots of work to be done but I am nearly finished with the undergarments.

See for yourselves :)




for some reason I can't keep a straight face but if you were being squeezed by one of those corsets you would understand hopefully. ;)

More up dates soon

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joan of Wrenwyck said...

I am making a tudor bodice. I have created a mock up in a good fabric for fitting...made the adjustments (thanks to a friend), and have it sized just right for me.

But....how much adjustment, and where, do I make for the lacing? I have elected to have two lacing areas at the side backs. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch..

lady A said...

Hey Joan,

With the Bodice you need to make sure you have at least 10 cm between the two back panels all the way down for lacing. Meaning when you are laced up the gap is 10cm.
If you made a mock up (toille) in calico, and added some temporary bones at centre front and back, you can then figure out where and how much you need to remove on each panel by pinning it out.
This is best done with a seamstress friend, because its hard to do on yourself. :)
Sorry for the late reply I have been having blog access issues, like forgetting my password ;)