15 March 2010

My period costume classes

At uni we have to research and construct a period garment of a specific era, this year we are doing 1700 - 1800 so this will include the rococo or what most would recognize as the Marie Antoinette time.
At the moment we are researching our dresses shapes and making the undergarments to suit that shape.
Here is a photo of my panniers that I am finishing.
there is nearly 19 meters of steel in this, all of it had to be covered and forced through the channels. 11 meters of drill at the base for box pleating.
This may look simple, and it is, but it is just time consuming. :)
Hopefully worth the time once it is finished.
Don't worry I will up date you on the corset and other things as I go along.

1 comment:

Debi said...

WOW! That's a serious undergarment! It must be wild to wear! It looks great!